Thursday, January 27, 2005

Oh Man, It's late...

Ok, I'm feeling kind of obsessed. I've been working on the Hello Kitty Knitalong. I started the handbag and whipped out the beginning stockinette rows when all of the sudden I had to figure out how to add the motif. I was a little stressed out at first. How in the world do you deal with all the color changes?

Thank goodness for the internet. I searched and I read and I found out intarsia was the word I was looking for. So I started hooking up all these crazy pieces of yarn. They were hanging down the back, getting tangled, driving me crazy, and still I knitted on. All of the sudden I started noticing some cute Hello Kitty feet appearing, and then the beginning of a heart and I just couldn't stop myself. I wanted to keep knitting..... I'm up to the beginning of her hands and I simply must stop. I can hardly keep my eyes open and it's time to take some pain medication for my tooth (mostly because my tooth is irritating me right now.)

And so I'm off to bed. I've tucked little kitty into my knitting basket until I can steal more time to work on her....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleep, dear, and dream of Hello Kitty! ;)
I LOVE your scrap books - from what I can see on the site. Wish I knew how you did it! If I lived closer I'd attend on of your classes!