Monday, February 21, 2005

Rainbow and the movies

Thank goodness for rainbows....otherwise we might surely doubt whether the rain will end!! This picture doesn't even do the rainbow justice. It was huge. At one point we even saw where it touched the ground. I looked and looked and I definately didn't see a pot of gold!!!

Rick and I took the picture on Saturday afternoon as we drove to the movies. We're probably the only fools on the road who see the sun and immediately start scanning the sky to find the rainbow....and then turn down a side street so we can actually take a picture of it.

The movie was fun. We saw Hitch and now Joshua is mad at us because we went and saw it without him. AND I actually feel guilty. How does that work? A part of me thinks that parents need "date" time. We need to get out and enjoy each other's company without our kid with us...but should we have chosen a boring movie? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? So now what? Do we go see it again so we can take him? It wasn't good enough to pay for it twice. I think I'll just tell Joshua to get over it. :-P Besides, it's only a matter of time before he starts going to movies on his own. I'm sure he won't care if it's a movie we want to see.
Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! What a great rainbow picture. I can't believe all the rain you've been getting. I think you're right about the date night, picking a boring movie would defeat the purpose. I've been updating my journal more too.

~~bythesea :)