Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Scarecrow Body

I'm almost afraid to write this, for fear that the phones will start ringing and all heck will break loose...but today....today is a good day.

I don't know quite how it happened, but somehow I can breathe. I've put together all the tax returns. I've even restocked my shelves with envelopes and tax folders and get this...as soon as I'm done with my break I'm going to ......work on my accounting clients.

Ok, well that didn't happen. A client showed up with a little mess to sort out and now the time has flown by. It's still a good day though. I'm still leaving the office with less on my desk than when I showed up and tonight is knitting class. (oh crud, another client just dropped off work..this is soooooo not fair!)

Workout Update:
Saturday
1/2 hour treadmill, 1/2 hour elliptical, 15 minutes weights and abs
Monday
1/2 hour treadmill on random (that was a new kind of torture, thanks to hubby who reached over and pushed the button on my treadmill) 1/2 hour elliptical, 30 minutes weights, abs, stretching.
Tuesday 1/2 hour walk around church this morning

My new mantra is "I want my scarecrow body." (In case you're wondering, my old mantra was I want Jennifer Garner's body. Ok so I don't want her body, I want my body to look like her body. )

So what started the new mantra? A trip down memory lane. Apparently I dressed up as a scarecrow my senior year and there are pictures to prove it. I'm not exactly sure why I don't remember it. I mean I still don't remember it now that I found TWO pictures of it in my annual....but there I am with all my Wizard of Oz friends and my scarecrow body. And that body looked pretty good.

Ok, so I know that my new mantra isn't any more realistic than my old mantra, but it gives me something to strive for....

Chocolate or Scarecrow body.....
Fried Zucchini or Scarecrow body....
Outback Aussie Cheese fries or Scarecrow body....

Oh man, I gotta go. I'm hungry!

No comments: