Friday, May 13, 2005

That's My Boy...

One thing I can say about life with my son... it's never dull!! We've had several little "incidents" since he's been helping friends re-build their house....

There was the time that he was nearly killed by a falling beam. A beam that wouldn't have hit him at all if he hadn't tried to help Kelli. He ended up with a huge bruise on his thigh and he was pretty sore from trying to hold/push the beam.

Nail guns... the latest is a puncture wound to the thumb....

Then there are the constant bruises and scrapes.

This week??? This week is projects week at school. One of the school projects is THE house. And what did Joshua do? Well he didn't wear protective eyegear. This is the story I heard from the teacher in charge...

I saw Josh coming out of the trailer with a crazy looking eyepatch taped to his eye and I asked him "what happened."

He said "I got something in my eye"

Teacher "oh, ok."

Josh "It's only bleeding a little bit now."

Teacher "WHAT?"

Then I get a phone call...

Josh: "Where's Dad? They're driving me down the hill. I have something in my eye and Mrs. S. is making me go to the hospital."

Another version of the story that Josh shared was the phone call Mrs. S. made to the principal... and Joshua heard... "No, I'm not calling an ambulance."

So here's the picture of Joshua......after the incident....after yet another trip to the hospital....after I gave the "you're actually supposed to wear the safety glasses speech," after Mrs. S became militant about everyone wearing safety glasses.... and after the doctor said it was plant material and had nothing to do with building the house......

Love them safety glasses......


Posted by Hello

No comments: