Thursday, April 27, 2006

Colds and housework, oh my

Well we got hubby off to his new job and so far so good. He's in the elimation process now. He's passed his drug tests and drive tests, etc. We can't think of any reason he would be eliminated, but it's still hard to say that it's a done deal....yet. I believe we find out on Friday. The company pays to bring you in, pays for a hotel and everything, but if they let you go, you're on your own. You have to find your own way home.

Yesterday his group had 12 people. By the end of the day there were eight. Apparently some didn't pass the physical/drug test and one guy disappeared. Perhaps he knew he wouldn't pass the test so he took off? I don't know, but it baffles me. Why would you go to all that trouble and then just take off? Strange. I think I'm beginning to understand why all the recruiters and teachers have been so impressed with hubby.

And before you start thinking that this blog is all hubby all the time... it is still my blog... (his story will move to his blog soon. Of course he forgot to tell me the name, his user name and password. Kind of makes it hard for me to post there....)

I have a cold. Ick. I had great plans yesterday. We were home by 11am and I had the whole day off. I was going to stamp and scrapbook and stamp some more. I have all sorts of new items just calling my name. I have two parties this weekend and I'm using the new catalog so I need new samples. Did I stamp? No. While I wasn't miserable, the brain was a bit foggy. Instead of stamping I put the bathroom back together.

Hubby installed a brand new shower before he left, but he left me with all the mess. I had to put all the lotions and medicines back in the cupboard. Once I got started on it, my perfectionist self reared her head. I cleaned the cupboard, lined the shelves, tossed a bunch of old stuff, organized everything by topic. It looks beautiful now, but it took all day. I'd work on it for 15 minutes, then rest, then work on it, then rest.... Somewhere in there I finished up all the laundry and did the dishes. The sad thing is the house still looks like a tornado blew through it.

No comments: