Friday, June 16, 2006

Crying at my desk

We interupt the normal happy positive blog to bring you the rantings of a frustrated woman.

Let's take roll call here at work...
Boss #1 - the county fair
Boss #2 - road trip across the U.S.
Boss #3 - I'm not exactly sure. Probably fishing or golfing
Co-Worker - Sick, Tired and dealing with cancer. (Can't really complain about that one.)
Me - Stuck at work, crying at my desk.

I truly don't think I can handle one more thing. I give in. I'm done. I am not super woman. I need a break. I need some sleep. I need a maid and I miss my husband.

I have been trying to be positive. I have been trying to prioritize and just have faith that I will get it all done, but right now all I want to do is cry.

I have been struggling with a cold all week long. I've tried to tell myself I'm not sick, but that doesn't appear to be working. I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and evidence that I still have a cold and all I wanted to do was stay in bed and sleep it off. I wanted to call in sick like every other working person gets to do now and then, but then I remembered... I am not every other working person.

I have two days to finish helping Josh get ready camp. We have shopping to do and money to spend. He has driving lessons tomorrow and then, because I know what it's like to miss someone terribly... I volunteered to take a few kids out tomorrow so that they can see each other before they head off to their separate summer adventures. I have prioritized and decided that family still comes first so he is more important.

I'm trying to forget that I have one week to finish up my artwork, that the company just deleted an entire section of what I planned to teach and I now need to find something to fill in with, that I have gifts to make and a business to run, a party to pack and deliver and my house looks like a tornado hit it because I have an excess of furniture.....that I now need to figure out how to get rid of.

And you know what? I feel like crap. My head still hurts. My nose is stuffy. I'm tired and all I want to do is sleep.

No comments: