Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Inpiration

I am inspired daily by the blogs of others. I love reading their perspective and how they deal with life. Today I read a great entry by Cathy Zielske. Click the link to see her blog.

http://www.cathyzielske.typepad.com/

She read an article in Real Simple magazine that asked readers what the most fearless thing they have ever done was.....

What a thought provoking question.

I would have to say that the most fearless thing I have ever done is to leave home. I was 18 and my mom kicked me out because my room was dirty. I'm sure what she really wanted me to do was clean my room. Instead I went to a friends, bought luggage, quit my jobs, moved to Spokane and started my life over.

I think that decision forever altered the rest of my life. I lived with my aunt and uncle who loved me unconditionally. They helped me to heal the wounds of my childhood. They helped me to stop saying "I'm sorry," about everything. I got to see what it was like to have a normal family life. I didn't wake up to fighting. I didn't have to worry over every little thing I said or did. I was able to have fun, experiment, grow, learn.... I learned to love.

After being there for a while, I tried to return home, but I only made it a couple of weeks before I had to move again. Home was not a good place for me. Thankfully I had the opportunity to see what a home could be and my life is forever changed.

I learned that the decisions that take the most courage, usually wind up being the ones that change your life forever.

No comments: