Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Blast From the Past

It's so fun to see ideas and techniques that us "seasoned" stampers did so long ago, resurface and gain new attention. Sometimes I forget to show the "old" stuff to my new customers and then it kills me when I see it in an article or sample in papercrafts magazine. The latest article on "stamp kissing" comes to mind.

So with that in mind, Bren and I created some fun invitations for a church project and we brayered!!! I can not even tell you how long it's been since I've used my brayer for something other than rolling across my paper to make the glue stick good.


We put sunny yellow, sunflower and holiday red reinker on a piece of felt to create our own "stamp pad." Then we rolled the brayer over it and then we brayered glossy cardstock to create the great background for the cards. Bren drew and cut out all the candles and I stamped "wax strong" on the front of the cards. Wax strong ties in with a scriptural reference for the meeting. I think they turned out awesome!!! I can hardly wait to take them tonight

and.... I am truly indebted to Bren for inspiring me and helping me with this project!!! She was a woman on a mission Monday and she just kept me plodding along. Good thing too!! I had to have these done today and we ended up spending the whole evening in the ER last night!!!! Thank you Bren!!!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wax Strong Girlfriend!
My pleasure