Friday, September 14, 2007

Biggest Loser Friday - week 2

Ok, so I had no idea how soon my little "biggest loser Friday" posts would bite me in the butt. I really should think things through better before I commit.

I was having a great week! I mean the best week I've had since starting this journey. Some of my clothes are literally starting to fall off of me. It took me a while to figure out why I kept tripping on my pants the other day. Did the hem fall out? Did I wear different shoes? What the heck? Hmmm.... I had to laugh when I finally realized it was because they were too big. How did I not notice that I had several extra inches in the waist band?

And as if that wasn't enough fun, I watched the scale creep down all week long. Every day it was lower and lower. I was looking at a 3 pound weight loss.

I walked into my ww meeting on cloud 9. I was excited to step on that scale...... hahaha.....

Here's my little ww story.

Me: "I forgot to put my new pass in my purse, but here's my old one."
Him: "Well, you'll have to make sure you bring the right one next time."

(Wow, that was a bit harsh. You should've heard his tone!)

Me: "Well when you scan it in, doesn't it tell you I'm up to date?"
Him: "Of course it does."

(Hmm...then what's the problem dude??? You are being a jerk. I forgot my card one time and printed one on the computer. The lady who helped me even printed a little sticker for me to keep in case I ever forget again. She was nice and helpful and courteous.... and this guy is being a jerk....whatever.... I lost like 3 pounds this week. I'm getting a star... this guy can just take his crappy attitude someplace else....)

Him: "well you went up a little again."
Me: "Excuse me?"
Him: "you went up .2"
Me: "Sheesh... I must've ate something crazy today to gain 3 pounds in one day."
Him - blank stare

Then the idiot had the audacity to write on my little book "must show mp" next to the space for next week.

What the heck? What is the deal with the monthly pass. And how dare him say I went up "again." I have NEVER gained before.

Of course I handled it all very maturely. I finished up. I gathered my stuff. I took my name badge off my shirt and I walked out the door. I was pissed!!!!!

I think I was more mad about being treated like a little child than anything else. The stupid weigh-in was just icing on the cake. I figured it was just their dumb scale. Jokes on me though. I really did gain 3 pounds in ONE day. I guess my body decided it was going to hang on to some extra water just in time to screw me up for my weigh in! Sucks to be me.

Even though I was mad. I did not drown myself in cookies or chocolate. I wasn't even tempted. I just ate my normal meal and moved on. I have a week to decide which of the following two options I'd like to follow

1) Stand in line and if he calls me up - refuse to be weighed by him
2) Stand in line and hope to be weighed by him. I should definately have a big loss next week. I almost hope he weighs me and then chastises me for losing too much... ohhhh....then it will be ON.

I stayed within my points all week and here's my workouts...

Friday - Elliptical 30 min.
Saturday - Elliptical 30 min.
Sunday - Rest day
Monday - walk 30 minutes, 10 min. doing squats and stretches
Tuesday - walk 40 min.
Wednesday - walk 40 min, 30 min swim
Thursday - walk 40 min.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you! At least you went to weigh in this week. The W.W. man is just a biter man. It's not hard to realize they take your money AUTOMATICALLY and that your bar code isn't going to change anything next week. Customer service is not a business for everyone.
Heather