Thursday, November 01, 2007

Photos from last week

I found a couple of photos I took last week when I pulled the airport photo for the last post so I thought I'd go ahead and share them now.

Here's a picture from last Monday. They set up the police command center at the college. The entire parking lot was full of police vehicles. When I got off the freeway to go to work there were three police in front of me and about seven or 8 behind me. I felt like I had snuck into their motorcade.

Unfortunately I had the green light so I had to just click this as I drove by.

This is a picture of all of the smoke in the air on Friday (October 26th). The winds had died down so the smoke just kind of hung there.


It still smells like smoke occasionally. It kind of depends on which way the wind is blowing. Yesterday it smelled just like it does when you get up in the morning when you're camping and you can smell the burnt embers in the firepit from the night before. Today, I didn't notice it as much.

No comments: