Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Steadfast

Hubby was home for 6 glorious days and I was off from work, so I ignored everything and just did family stuff. We shopped and ate and got projects done and pretended we were a normal family for a few days. It was really nice to have so much time together. It's the most consecutive time we have spent together in 1.5 years. Of course that made it even harder to say goodbye this morning.

Now it's time to get back to work and get back to my "normal" schedule. I was so preoccupied that I didn't even think about my New Year Resolutions!! I have a couple in mind and I'm planning to ruminate and think about a few others over the next day or two.... but I did decide on my word for the year - Steadfast.

I'm borrowing it from the 2008 church theme for our youth. "Be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works" (Mosiah 5:15).

I know the things I need to do and accomplish and I've made good strides in implementing things that will make life go more smoothly. My problem is that I'll be really focused for a while and then let things slip, then I refocus, then let things slip. This year I want to be steadfast. I want to be steadfast in my exercise and eating habits, steadfast in maintaining peace and organization in my home, steadfast in performing my church callings and steadfast in my responsibilities at work. To me steadfast implies strength of resolve. I do not plan to be so unwavering that I can't allow for life's little surprises, but I want to be strong and steady in the choices that I make each day.

No comments: