Friday, June 27, 2008

See I do still stamp!


Not the greatest picture quality, but I stamped it. I took a picture of it and I posted it, so I'm thinking it's a good day! I took the picture with my phone. (anything to play with the new phone. hahaha!)

This is July's stamp of the month - Life's a Jungle. I absolutely love this stamp set! It is so stinkin cute.

colors combo: hollyhock, autumn terracotta, barn red, buttercup
Coloring technique: I stamped the elephant and cut it out with an knife to make it a stencil and then sponged the elephant with hollyhock.


Bicycle News - I'm too busy to have a blog for cycling, a blog for family, a blog for crafts...so you're going to get it all here. You can skim the parts you aren't interested in. :-)

Jane, Candace and I went for our new "Thursday Ride." The plan was for me to ride to Candace's and then we'd all ride down to the lake, do a couple of laps, ride back, eat dinner and relax in the pool/jacuzzi. Here's what really happened....

Condensed version:
Jane got a flat
Jane had new innertube, but left pump on other bike.
Josh brought us a pump (thank goodness he just got his license)
New innertube didn't work.
Patched old innertube.
Something funky was up with the brakes. (Yes that's a technical term.)
Guy named "Rick" stopped, helped, adjusted, and we were off.
Made it to the lake and Jane went flat again....
Dawn and Candace rode home, got truck, returned, picked up Jane
and then we all ate and went in the pool/jacuzzi.
Grand total of miles ridden - 4.5
It was so fun, we've decided to make it a weekly event!
At least I learned how to change a tire!!

No comments: