Friday, February 06, 2009

Sympathetic Ear Does Wonders

One of my oh so "favorite" tasks is scheduling appointments for hubby.

Me: "Well he needs an appointment and he might be home on the 11th, but maybe not until the 12th or the 13th and then he might have to leave on the 17th, but if he gets home late then he could be here until the 19th...."

It's even more fun when you call a number over and over and over again and it is busy. I mean busy for days, busy for weeks....

Today I went to the internet to try and find a different number and I found a live person and I left a message. Sadly they didn't call me back (yet).

Then I decided to leave a message for his doctor. Maybe they can help me.

Lucky me, I got a man who used to be a trucker and he was oh so kind and helpful. Actually he couldn't really do much for my problem, but he was sympathetic and could relate and sometimes that makes all the difference. (Plus we swapped horror stories about parking trucks in San Diego...without getting a ticket.)

He gave me a little tip on when to call the appointment center and GUESS WHAT?!? I got through.

Let's hope hubby comes home late this time because he has an appointment on the 17th.

No comments: