Thursday, May 07, 2009

50 days!?!

Ok, it's starting to feel real. 50 more days until we fly out to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for our bike tour!! That means it's time to stop playing around and get serious about my training!!

I haven't written much about cycling lately because I've just been maintaining my normal routine. I ride 3-4 nights per week; 9-17 miles. Right now I think I'm still recuperating from my cold because I rode 8 miles monday, 10 miles on Tuesday, 6 miles on Wednesday and today I am resting because I am sore and tired. It's really hard for me to take a rest day. I always think I should just power through, but I'm deciding to listen to my body and get to bed early tonight. I might get a little excercise by hooping while I'm watching tv. We shall see...

So here are my plans for the next 50 days...
More water.
More fruits/veggies
Less junk!
Ride 3-4 nights per week and at least one long ride on the weekend.

May 16th we're doing the 26 mile loop from downtown, around to Coronado.
May 23rd - Planning a ride with the girls from work. Possibly down to the beach and back.

I need to find time for some longer rides. The problem is that I don't really want to do a "long" ride by myself. I'm thinking about just doubling some of the rides that I can do that are near the house. That way I get some extra miles in, but I'm still relatively close to ride support! And of course there's the group of girls at work.... they're putting in more miles now so maybe a couple of them will be ready for an adventure!

No comments: