Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back to Biking....

So I forgot to mention in my post about all of my October "fun" that my bike broke down too!!! It was in the shop for 3 weeks!!!!!! I won't even bore you with the reasons it took so long. Mostly because I think the shop just messed up. The ironic thing is that I was supposed to pick it up the day after my car broke down....the day I was driving a rental car with no bike rack.

I couldn't make this stuff up. If you see me in person, check and see if you see a little black cloud following around behind me. LOL!

So anyway... I rode a couple of times last week. I took it easy and was picked up part way through so that I could get back in the hang of it. Then yesterday I rode the whole way home for the first time and it was absolutely amazing!!!! It felt so good. From the moment I got on the bike, I felt great. I felt strong. I felt invincible. It was one of those PERFECT rides when everything goes well. I struggled a bit up the last rise, but I made it....without stopping!!

Of course a couple of hours later, after the adrenalin wore off, my body reminded me that I'm 42 and out of shape. I was feeling pretty sore. I'm still a little sore today, but I'm looking forward to another great ride home.

Perhaps my PERFECT ride was the beginning of a better kind of "fun?" I'm thinking it might be.....

No comments: