Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Day 3 - Christmas Blog Blitz - Got Take Out?

Here's a fun way to package up those yummy holiday goodies!



There are two sizes of containers pictured here. The decorated ones are about 5x7 and I bought them at Smart and Final. You get a package of 3 for $2.89. The package of containers has three that are approx 6x9 and I found them at the Dollar Tree!! At my dollar three they have a large section of disposable cooking trays and they are not in the same place. These were actually on another aisle...so look closely.

This is one of the large containers. I used the Heartfelt Christmas stamp set and the Twinkle paper pack.


Here's another large container and guess what Club Girls??!! You have everything you need to make these, so go pick up some containers and you're all set.
I made a different version last year and packed up my cookie exchange cookies in them. Well my good friend Candace inspired me to bring them back again this year when she baked pumpkin bread right in the container!! And now the ideas keep coming....
How about....
  • Fudge
  • Brownies
  • Cake
  • Cookies
  • Pan cookie
  • Coffee Cake
  • Pecan Tarts (my specialty)
  • Enchiladas
  • Tamales
  • Casserole
  • Your famous.........

Tomorrow I'll give you a peek at a gift I made for my inlaws. There's a reason I'm their favorite Daughter-in-law. :-)

3 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

What a creative idea to decorate the tops of the take-out containers. You did a great job and your packages look wonderful.

Lori said...

Wow. Those containers will be too pretty to open...although I bet the goodies inside will be worth it.

Lauren said...

Dawn your containers came out so amazing! You always do such a great job.