Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Convention Fun

Hi there everyone.  Now that convention is over I can give you a little peek into what my life was like for a while....  Some of you already know that I was one of 32 teachers selected to teach at Extravaganza at our Convention in Washington DC.  It was a huge honor and I loved every minute of it!  But it did mean that I was a little busy for a while...

My class was called - But Wait, There's More and it focused on the awesome Workshop on the Go Kits.  I shared tips on how to use the kits, how to promote it to your customers, how to run the workshop and other little tips that I've learned along the way.

I was sent two new WOTG kits, some accessories and some My Stickease and I had about two weeks to create six boards.  I told you...it was a whirlwind.... In addition I chose to take some of my Zippidee samples to use in my booth so I had to keep all those projects top secret for a while too....

So now, I'm home and I'm ready to post, but my artwork is in transit between DC and here... ooops... While I'm waiting for my goodies to arrive, I'll share a few pictures from convention...

Here are all the goodies I received for FREE at convention except the cool bag.  I forgot to put it in the picture! We received all 8 of the new stamp pads, several stamp sets and a small sampling of accessories to use on our create and take projects. 


Here's a picture of the artwall outside my booth.  I was even able to bring the sign home on the airplane!  Josh saw the sign and said "how did you get that home?"  It was a little awkward, but the flight attendants were very helpful and let me take it on the plane!


I always forget to have someone take a picture when I teach so this year I put my camera front and center on my table so I could ask someone to take a picture during my first class! 


And here are pictures of my first class...




And here is a goofy picture with of me and Corina (one of my roomies)... Hello Kitty, Heart Shaped Glasses....could it get any better than that?



Stay tuned, I have more to share... including pictures from the hottest bike ride I have ever gone on?  Who rides a bike in record breaking heat with high humidity?  Me.  It was a little insane, but we survived and now I have bragging rights.

4 comments:

Haley D. said...

Your projects look terrific! Sorry I missed you at Convention.

Corina said...

Hey there Dawn!
Guess what? I had your blog bookmarked already!!!! I have visited your blog before and I liked it so much, I had bookmarked a long time ago. Little did I know you were going to be my roomie one day!
Isn't that a HOOT?!!!

Love the picture!

Lauren said...

Love the glasses! (and the "ears" in the other pic) I was wondering if you did the bike ride...I knew how excited you were about the tour you found. Those are some lucky ladies to get to do the class with you...your work is always so nice. :)

Dawn said...

@Haley - I wish I had met you!! You always leave such sweet comments!

@Corina - Wow, I'm honored. That must've been back when I posted more. haha.. I'm getting back on track now though.

@Lauren - Hmmm Maybe I'll wear the glasses Saturday. See today's post about the bike ride. It was a doozy!