Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hope for Japan

I was struck by a few things when the Earthquake hit Japan.  First it was amazement.  There have been many large quakes around the earth, and there have been other tsunamis, but this was the first time I recall being aware of how the two go together.  It broke my heart to see how quickly everything was broken and washed away.  Of course some of my first thoughts were with my cousin and her family.  I was so grateful that they were no longer stationed in Japan, but I was sure that it had to be hard for them to see the places they had lived and visited ravaged so badly.

As the news came in and the stories about how the Japanese people were coping with the devastation, I was struck by the grace of the Japanese people.  There were no riots.  There was no whining or complaining.  On NPR radio I heard about a store owner that didn't have a cashier, so to make it easier on his customers, he sold everything for $1, not $10, not $100... just $1.  There have been stories of small communities working together to get things done.  Men gathered water so the women could heat it up and wash the clothes. 

There are many opportunities to show your love and concern for the Japanese people.  You can contribute to the Japanese Red Cross or you can research and find other worthwhile charities to contribute to.  My family and I contribute regularly to the Latter-Day Saint Humanitarian Fund with cash donations and by fulfilling the requests for items such as hygiene kits, school supplies, quilts.... 

And now I am proud to say that you can also contribute by purchasing an exclusive stamp set from Close To My Heart. 

From now until April 30, purchase the exclusive, non-commissionable “Hope for Japan” A-size stamp set for the special price of only $5 (retail value $7.95 US) and Close To My Heart will donate 100% of the profits to the American Red Cross’ efforts in Japan. This beautifully designed stamp set reminds us of how our hearts are hopeful for those who are in need.

"Non-commissionable" means that consultants do not receive their commission on these sales!  That money will be contributed to the American Red Cross efforts in Japan....

So check out the stamp set....  Love it?  Be sure to add it to your next order, or hop on over to my website and order it now... Send a little Hope to Japan and share a little love with others as you create fun projects using this great set.

1 comment:

kim.clapp said...

I love this stamp!