Friday, March 11, 2011

Two New Purchases

I went shopping at lunch and found a couple of goodies I'd like to share...



Artist's Loft - Colored Pencils
I'm using colored pencils at my workshop tomorrow so I decided to see about purchasing a couple of extra pencils so that people won't have to wait too long to color their images.  I love, love, love, my prismacolor pencils, but at $2 each, buying duplicates can add up quickly.  I noticed the Artist's Loft brand also sold a blending pen so I thought "maybe these will work with the odorless turpenoid..." 

I pulled the pencils out while I was in my car and gave them a try during lunch and.... they work pretty well!!  I still love my rich and creamy Prismacolor's the best, but the Artist's Loft pencils do blend.  I think it's a great alternative for the budget concious. 

CardMaker - The Perfect Sentiments
I love making cards but I have a hard time deciding what to write inside.  I have a couple of great stamp sets with sayings, but after a while you've used them all up.  This magazine is full of great quotes and sayings for all occasions.  I've only skimmed it so far, but it is definately worth it.


1 comment:

tamcrit said...

Where did you get these pencils and book? Michael's? JoAnn's??