Thursday, July 21, 2011

When You Wish - Convention 2011


Wow!  What an incredible week!!  I don't know how you can plan a more perfect convention.  Disney + Close To My Heart is a fabulous combination....especially when you throw a little Provocraft in there!!

I was so excited about heading off to Disneyland, that I forgot to get excited about convention.  I know that sounds odd....but I just kept thinking about good old Mickey.... plus I learned a long, long time ago, that I can't even dream as big as Close To My Heart.  I never even come close to knowing what they have up their sleeves.

Judging by the incredible skits and presentations.  I don't think I was the only one that had Mickey on the mind. I think Tinkerbell sprinkled a little magic throughout the classes and all of the teachers and presenters embraced that Disney philosophy.

We started the convention off at a Mad Hatter Team Meeting.  Bren Yule, Cindy Baker and Kay Pekin combined forces to throw us an awesome Unbirthday Party.  The hat contest was amazing!!  Of course, I was off at girls camp and running around before convention, so I made my newspaper hat at the last minute.  Shocking, I know... it had cute paper flowers on it, but you can't see them in the picture.


Patty and I modeling our "hats"

I think this picture gives you a pretty good idea of what it was like hanging out in my room..... (fyi - we had just gotten done riding splash mountain.  I didn't spill my drink on Candace and Karen. LOL)


There's never a dull moment when you put Karen, Candace and I together!  Karen moved to Northern California a few years ago so it has been a while since the three of us have been together....and let me tell you....it was as if no time had passed!!!  We had such an amazing time.  

Goofy is as Goofy does.... oh wait... I think I'm getting confused.  My Bubba Gump story is for tomorrow!


No comments: